Step 1 B - Workflow Descriptive Document (WDD)
Use the following to document the overall process being mapped.
- Describe in layman's terms the purpose of the Process.
- Include the results of Step 1 A .
- Using the 5 levels of maturity, estimate the current ability for divisions to share information among themselves and with your assigned editors. This gives you an estimated information flow capability measure and identifies what divisions are in-congruent.
- List the job descriptions of those that handle information within each division (you'll need this later!).
- List the major datasets that will "gain" information from this process and estimate if it is mission critical and if it has a public view (this is important as it will affect the public and may result in calls to your local council).
- If focusing only on certain data as an initial triage run, then list datasets to re-analyze on the next run.